Richardson: 3 by 2 multiplication with the lattice algorithm.
Third Grade Language Arts:
Ruzicka: Spelling due Thursday. Please complete day 3 and either day 4 or 5.
Fourth Grade Language Arts:
Richardson: Finish reading The Bad Beginning. Be prepared to discuss tomorrow.
Ruzicka: Same spelling as 3rd. Also, please complete Crash reading bookmark and job.
- Math (Bailey): check over workbook pages 83 & 84, fraction subtraction worksheet
- Studio- D Group- find 3 memorable, famous quotes and one poem to use on prayer flags (these should not be silly/funny)
Study for math test
pp.163-164/32-50 all, p.165/11-19,23
Work on mandala. Be ready to start coloring by tomorrow.
The 7th & 8th graders helped the JK-Kindergarten students learn a move invented by 1st grader India in performing arts class today. The students experience the music of other cultures and religions - in this case Native American music - in an authentic and engaging way that deepens understanding and appreciation of world religions.
In performing arts class today the 6th grade worked on reading music and playing recorder, and then watched and learned a move created by 3rd & 4th graders called “The Hunter,” done to Chinese Confucianist music. Movement to music of Confucianism deepens students’ understanding of Chines culture and beliefs.
Third grade students have been introduced to ideas and concepts found in Tibetan prayer flags. Students made drawings based on the color-symbol relationship found in prayer flags: yellow-earth, green-water, red-fire, white-air, blue-space.
Also, the concept of the dignities has been introduced. Dignities are animals often seen in the corners of prayer flags, that represent qualities and attitudes necessary to spiritual health.
Students now have been making their own prayer flags. Initial designs were drawn on paper, and each student is currently working toward making their own set of five prayer flags using fabric. - Schwall
« Previous Entries
Math : No Homework
- Single Shard Part III (Clay Representations) and Part IV
- Finish Book Report Template Due on February 21st
Language Arts :
- ALL : Come prepared to discuss your Performing Arts preferred plays for the western religions.
- Group B : Revise your drafts from your peer review notes Due on THURSDAY.
- Group A : Research Colonial information. Send Ms. Sanders TWO areas you would like to share with the class Due on THURSDAY.