Welcome to The St. Michael School Admission page. It is our hope that by browsing our web site you will become better acquainted with our approach and mission. Choosing the right school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will have to make. After viewing our site, if you wish to take the next step in the admissions process, please complete the below links to set up a tour.
Open House Tours every Tuesday in April from 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
How to apply:
1) Make an appointment for a school tour. It is best to tour when class is in session in order to observe our collaborative environment and witness children engaged in the learning process.
Tours are given Tuesday and Thursday mornings, September through November and January through April.
Please use the below links to schedule a tour or you may email Lori Timmons at email@example.com.
Open House Tours every Tuesday in April 2017 from 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
We are currently full in our Infant (12 weeks-1 year) and Toddler One Program (1 year-2 years)
2) Fill out and return the following with a $100 non-refundable fee for Junior Kindergarten through 8th grade. For the infant or toddler program, please complete below application only and return with a $100 non-refundable fee.
3) Schedule a time for a student visit and a parent interview.
- No visit required
- The Admission Director will arrange an individual visit for each prospective student in the JK classroom from 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- Parent interview.
- Prospective student will visit for a full day in the kindergarten classroom.
- Parent interview.
1st through 8th Grade:
- Prospective student visits for 2 full consecutive days within the classroom of their current grade.
- Student interview will take place with the Director of Admission and Head of School.
- Parent interview.
- One teacher recommendation letter and one personal recommendation letter required.
4) Admissions Decisions
Admissions decisions are made in March with late admissions per availability. The names of qualified children for whom there are no openings are placed on a waiting list. Should an opening occur, parents will be notified.
Important Dates and Information
Applicants for all classes must be the age specified before August 1st
- February 6, 2017: Financial Aid Deadline
- March 17, 2017: The SMSOC School Admission Letters Mailed
- April 7, 2017: Contracts and Deposits Due for Admissions Year 2017/2018
- Half Day $45 per day (8 a.m.-12 p.m.)
- Full Day $90 per day (8 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- Before care and Aftercare offered for additional cost
JK-4th Grade: $16,000 5th-8th Grade: $16,500
In addition to tuition, fees will be assessed for the following:
- iPad 5th-8th Grade $500 (approximate cost
- Middle School trip $500 (approximate cost)
- Before care
If you are interested in applying for financial aid please visit www.factstutionaid.com. FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment is a service of FACTS Management Company designed to assist The St. Michael School of Clayton with their financial aid allocation. Financial Aid is available to families that qualify. Current St. Michael School families receive priority when awards are made. The maximum award given is equal to fifty percent tuition cost.
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment uses key personal and financial information to evaluate your need for financial aid. By completing an application, you will provide the necessary information to help your school administrators make an informed decision about awarding tuition aid. The first step of the process is to complete the online or paper application as accurately as possible. You will then need to submit your Federal income tax return, W-2 forms, and supporting documentation for non-taxable income to FACTS. FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment will then make a recommendation to the St. Michael School of Clayton on how much financial assistance is needed by each family that has applied. The final decision on how much financial aid to be given to each family will be made by the Financial Aid Committee.