The St. Michael School of Clayton is an Episcopal day school that teaches to all faiths
and learning styles, shaping our student into self-assured, learned and capable leaders.
The St. Michael School of Clayton supports each child in developing character,
independence, strong academic skills and intellectual curiosity, which will result in
• a thinker who listens,
• an inquirer who negotiates,
• an inventor who collaborates,
• and an individual who believes in him or herself.
The school is a collaborative environment that cultivates a diverse student population, an
innovative faculty, and meaningful partnerships with parents.
Enrollment in The St. Michael School of Clayton is open to children of any race, color,
creed and national or ethnic origin. The School seeks a diverse student body in support of
the Mission, goals and objectives of the school and will maintain an admissions policy
reflective of these goals and objectives as determined by the Head of School, the Administration team and Rector.The St. Michael School of Clayton (SMSOC) delivers an integrated, experiential education that enables students to attend their secondary schools of choice with confidence, character, citizenship and a love of learning.
To that end, our environment is highly collaborative and cultivates a diverse student population, an innovative faculty, and meaningful partnerships with parents and children.
SMSOC is appreciated for a well-rounded set of attributes:
- Nationally Recognized as a School of Innovation and Excellence
- One of the nation’s top experiential education programs – having been visited by more than 5,000 educators (and counting) to witness and benchmark our unique approach and superb results
- Integrated curriculum that also connects subjects, teachers and students through the use of one yearly “Hub Topic” applied across all grades and curriculum
- Personalized teaching that challenges students of every learning style
- Warm, welcoming and diverse culture
- Spanish and Physical Education taught daily for all students